It all depends on how much work is required.
In general, there are many influencing factors, but the main ones are the size and complexity of the work.
Currently, building a website that meets the needs of a small business can be $500 or more than $20,000
This is a large price range. So let's get it straight so you can get a realistic estimate of the cost of designing and developing your website.
As you can see, everything is very situational. “So how much will it cost to build a website?” Let's figure out so that you could understand the approximate cost in today's realities.
Do you want a unique design for your website?
Our consultant will help you choose the best offer especially for you!Learn more
The main 2 options for developing and designing a website for a small business (with a price)
OPTION 1: Seek help from a professional,
If technology is something transcendental. And there is only enough time for the development and promotion of the business, the simplest option is to hire someone to create it for you.
If you have already wondered about price and time, searched the Internet, you probably noticed that:
- Lack of specific prices.
- Prices range from $100 to $50,000
To make it easier for You, I will share my experience and open the veil of secrets. Below will be collected the current prices for 2020, and a couple of tips.
Ok, start with web designers. We take professionals into account, of course. Their price tags in 2020 range from $1,000 to $6,000. The pleasure is not cheap, but the quality is often appropriate.
Difference between Website Design And Website Development The two are often mistakenly used interchangeably, but they are actually different things! Designing a website is like designing and drawing a new car model. But website development is already a direct process of its production.
Well, you already have a general idea of the cost of services. More specifically, the cost is influenced by factors such as:
- Custom logo;
- Number of design revisions;
- Custom logo;
- Website content development;
- Page volume;
- Custom site layout;
- Custom images & graphics.
OPTION 2: Trying to do it yourself (DIY)
In the case when you are versed in web technologies and have the independence to work alone, you can try to create a website on your own.
Here are a few points you will need:
- Domain: Variable, but usually in the range of $ 1-10. There are a lot of them, choose the one that you like best.
- Stock photos: Good photography is one of the keys to success. A site user visiting your page should not be embarrassed by outdated or inappropriate photos. Choose wisely and in no case do not mindlessly insert photos from other sites. Nobody canceled copyright. There are many free stock image sites at the moment, for example: pexels.com, unsplash.com or pixabay.com.
- SSL certificate: price for HTTPS protocol in the range of $10 per year. Also, some hosting providers provide it for free when using their services.
- Premium site theme: From $50 to $200. There are countless options on the Internet. Design is a thing that you shouldn't skimp on. Good design can increase traffic and sales by up to 600 percent!
- Premium plugins: Just like with themes, it's best not to skimp. A lot of plugins don't work as advertised! Prices are also 50-200 dollars.
- Hosting for your website: here you have to choose the one that suits your traffic. This means that up to 80,000-100,000 visitors per month, you can get by with a price of $100 per year. If the site is gaining momentum and these figures no longer seem transcendental, you can choose more expensive 300-400 dollars.
- Self-education. In the case when website development is not your profile, you will have to spend money on training courses and books. Knowledge of Photoshop, as well as programming languages HTML and CSS, will be the main thing in creating a website.
In the case when you do not have the full amount that you need to create a website by professionals, you should find out if there is a possibility of “financing”. This will allow you to get the site you want right now and will not empty your wallet!
Updates and Technical Support.
Updates, like all applications on your smartphone, the website needs updates. Plugins and much more “behind the scene”. Timely updates can help avoid unnecessary breakdowns or open holes for intruders. In 2020 to hire a competent, experienced web developer is $90-$120/hour.
You also need technical support. You must be prepared for unexpected challenges. In the future, we will add a separate article with a more detailed analysis of possible breakdowns. But if we talk about the price of a professional who can put our site on its feet, then it is somewhere in the region of 30-400 $ per month, depending on the services you need.
Also, you need to understand that choosing the lowest market price, there is a chance that you will not get unpleasant impressions from the work done by the developer ... Choose wisely!
All pros and cons: "Hire a Professional" or "Make Your Own Website Yourself" (DIY)
Hire a Professional
- There is no need to understand everything yourself, it is enough just to hire a person who knows his business.
- As a result, you will get exactly what you wanted. This means that it will fully match your business model.
- Well optimized site. Mobile or tablet computer — no matter, your site will look good on any platform.
- Post-launch administration assistance.
- Promotional support. Who needs a website without visitors?
- The professional already knows about the pitfalls that warn your new website.
- Investments. From $500 and up. The harder the task, the higher the price.
- If you are not knowledgeable in web technology, you will be in some sense dependent on your website designer / developer to manage your site once it is launched. (Although in the case when we do not know anything, it is not clear whether it is a minus or still a plus)
Make Your Own Website Yourself
- In the case when money is less than time, you can create a website yourself. It will cost less than hiring a professional website designer / developer.
- There are website builders like Wix or Squarespace that take a couple of days to build a website. Wix is about $ 10-40 per month. SquareSpace rates range from $12 to $40.
- No delays. All changes made by you will be instantly displayed on the site.
As per your requirement, you can choose any package to buy website traffic from a traffic wholesaler. It is important to know that traffic is targeted and untargeted. So think twice, because it's important to identify the visitors you want and don't want. Basically, targeted traffic is those visitors who are truly interested in your services or products. This way, your visitors will be satisfied that they are in the right place.
In summary, the fastest way to build a website is to hire someone.
Creating a site with good indexing in search engines and many visits is not as easy as it might seem at first glance. There are many more pitfalls than it seems.
In the event that you do not have enough funds, and the DIY approach is the only way out at the moment, just do your best.
In all other cases, I would consider this as a reasonable capital investment for the future of your business. Every entrepreneur should understand that a well-designed and developed website is a way to increase your sales up to 600%!
Each area has its own specialists and when our knowledge and skills are not enough, it makes no sense to create a bicycle. It is enough to go to a specialized store for a ready-made solution.
Our programmers and designers as races are one of those professionals who can make your wishes come true. All information is already available on our website, and I also advise you to contact us and discuss everything with a qualified consultant. We will help you decide and finally get a website booster for your business and more!
- If you are not up to date with current website design trends, this may be bad for your site. Customers first evaluate what they see and then move on to the content.
- You need to be aware that website creation is a long and painstaking work. Therefore, often beginners simply put it off for weeks or even months.
- Some problems you run into can take half a day away from you, while for an experienced designer it can be as little as a 5-10 minute task.